A list of jobs and employment opportunities at libraries throughout the Southern Adirondack Library System.
Mechanicville District Public Library
190 North Main Street
Mechanicville NY 12118
Part Time Clerk Position
The Mechanicville District Public Library is looking for a part time clerk to join our team. This position is Wednesday 4 PM – 8 PM, Thursday and Friday 2 PM – 6 PM ,with availability to fill in for other shifts.
The job requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and with others, multi-tasking and most importantly strong customer service skills.
The library clerk performs the following functions:
- All circulation duties: included but not limited to checking items in and out, pulling holds, processing materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, shelving and shelf maintenance.
- Provides information to the public on library policies and procedures.
- Performs routine searches and updates of computer records.
- Contacts patrons to deliver messages or information on library materials.
- Provides reference and readers advisory when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the library director/senior library clerk.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- Strong customer service skills.
- A large degree of comfort with technology.
- Ability to answer questions about the library.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Possess a working knowledge of English grammar and spelling.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying 50 pounds or less.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Graduated with a High School Diploma or GED equivalent