A list of jobs and employment opportunities at libraries throughout the Southern Adirondack Library System.
Library Director, Stony Creek Free Library
Stony Creek Free Library Board of Trustees
To operate the Stony Creek Free Library, offering
To expand existing programs that the library provides. To help with the new vision of the library and keep our library current.
- Position requires a maximum of 20 hours a week
Plans,organizes and manages the services of the Stony Creek Free Library; establishes goals and measures accomplishments against recognized standards.
- Representing the library to the public and professional organizations
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments in the library field
- Attending pertinent SALS training and meetings
- Hiring, overseeing, training, and evaluating personal
- Manages communication; written, oral and digital, ie: Facebook, webpage
- Prepares grant applications and seeks funding for operational and improvement programs.
- Supervises the maintenance and housekeeping of the library
- Assists patrons with locating materials and answering questions
- Deal tactfully and courteously with
publicof all age levels, providing their needs in a timely manner.
- Develops library collections in response to the community’s needs
- Participates in fundraising events
- Attends all regular Board of Trustee meetings. (Library Director does not have a vote in the board decisions
- Other duties as directed by the Board of Trustees
Job Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher, Library Science preferred
- One to Two years of general Library experience helpfull
Interested candidates will send their resume to:
The Personnel Committee
PART-TIME LIBRARY ASSISTANT-2 POSITIONS (MINIMUM OF 16 HRS. PER WEEK EACH)
The Caldwell-Lake George Library has immediate openings for 2 part-time library assistants who will report directly to the Library Director.
Provide quality customer service at the library circulation desk, assist patrons in the use of library resources, including but not limited to the use of public computers, manage petty cash, maintain daily and monthly statistics, open and close library, assist with library programs, create promotional materials, assist with cataloging and processing of library materials, update and manage website and facebook page, other tasks as assigned. The schedule includes 1 evening a week, and 4 hours on Saturdays (alternating between the 2 positions) Prior library experience preferred. Experience in Polaris a plus. The ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, tech-savvy, creative and able to work both independently and in collaboration.
- High School Diploma
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in technology
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and outlook is essential
- Must have and maintain good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the public
- Must be physically active and able to lift boxes of books up to 20lbs.
Interested candidates will send letter of interest and resume with 3 references to:
Caldwell-Lake George Library
Barb Durkish, Director
336 Canada St.
Lake George, NY 12845