An Update to include Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Cyberbullying has become a real hot-button issue in recent years. It could be happening in your library or to teens using your library. A recent blog article by Julie Greller of A Media Specialist’s Guide to the Internet compiles a list of cyberbullying resource links that could come in handy if you are confronted with a cyberbullying situation.
A couple of sites that stand out from the list include:
- TeensHealth.org — This site provides information about a wide range of teen issues for both teens and parents.
- Report Cyberbullies — As the title indicates, this resource tells you how to report cyberbullies and what information you need to do so.
- Childnet.com — Childnet in an international non-profit organization helping to make the internet a great and safe place for children.
- Comparitech.com— Protecting Children’s Privacy Online – A Guide for Parents, Carers and Educators
- https://privacy.net/stop-isps-tracking-your-child/ –Guide to stopping ISPS and advertisers from gathering information on children