Using Data to Understand Your Community & Measure Impact
Thursday, November 30, 2017 | 12:00 PM Eastern
PLA is partnering with the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL) to present this webinar on using data to understand your community needs and measure impact. Community assessment is a formal process of identifying aspirations, challenges, and needs in a target population to make decisions, determine priorities, set objectives, and explore alternative approaches. The results of community assessment can aid in the planning and implementation of relevant library services. Learn how various data can inform library decisions and how PLA’s Project Outcome can help measure the impact your programs and services are having on those you serve.
In this interactive webinar, participants will use a hypothetical case study to analyze data, identify community needs, prioritize outcomes, and measure impact. Participants are encouraged to share their own experiences and ask questions. REGISTER NOW!
- Be able to identify available sources of data about their community;
- Be able to apply strategies for analyzing data to inform how the library can better serve its community;
- Know how to align Project Outcome with community needs; and
- Understand how outcomes data help measure the impact of programs and services.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will:
- Linda Hofschire, director, Library Research Service (LRS), Colorado State Library
- Sharon Morris, director of Library Development, Colorado State Library
- Emily Plagman, project manager, Project Outcome, Public Library Association
Thursday, November 30, 2017
12:00–1:00 PM Eastern
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is open to everyone. Project Outcome is a free online toolkit designed to help public libraries understand and share the impact of their programs and services by providing simple, standardized surveys and an easy-to-use process for measuring and analyzing outcomes. If you would like to enroll in Project Outcome in advance of the webinar, please do so at www.projectoutcome.org.
THIS WEBINAR IS FREE, BUT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND SPACE IS LIMITED. You can register for this webinar until it begins, or until space is no longer available, whichever comes first.