Support Your Library with Just One Click

supportLibrary_verticalBanner4How does it work?  Borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks from your library.  If you are looking for a book, but you want to read or listen to it sooner rather than later, you can Buy it Now!  A portion of each sale of digital content or other items, purchased from OverDrive WIN Affiliated Retailers using the “Buy it Now” link from your library’s website, is credited back to the Southern Adirondack Libraries ON demand (SALON).

How will my library use the funds it earns from my purchase?
The funds SALON earns from the OverDrive WIN Affiliate Program will be a credit for the libraries to add digital content to its virtual branch. The titles and materials the library selects are at the library’s discretion.

Are the funds credited directly to my library? No. The WIN Affiliate program is managed by OverDrive, Inc. who collects the funds from the WIN Affiliated Retailer. OverDrive issues a credit to the Southern Adirondack Libraries ON demand (SALON), not your individual library, for the entire amount of the affiliate fee.  A committee of library staff representing Hamilton, Saratoga, Warren and Washington counties purchase books for all public libraries in the region.

How do I know what is a qualifying purchase for my library to get credit?
eBook and/or digital audiobook purchases and other items from OverDrive WIN Affiliated Retailers will provide the Southern Adirondack Libraries ON demand (SALON) with a credit from your purchase.

Is my purchase tax-deductible? No. Purchases from OverDrive WIN affiliated retailers are not tax-deductible.

How do I choose a retail partner?
When you select the “Buy it Now” link on a title, you will see a list of OverDrive WIN Affiliated Retailers. Clicking on a Retailer’s logo will link you to that Retailer’s commercial website. Not all Retailers offer the same titles or formats that your library does, and the content available may not be compatible with all devices. Please review the Retailer’s website for additional information. We will be adding OverDrive WIN Affiliated Retailers, so please note, that this list is subject to change.

If you already purchase eBooks or eAudiobooks, please consider using this link to shop at some of your favorite retail and independent bookshops.