Are you interested in learning more about autism and how to make your library more inclusive? The New York State Department of Health and the State Library are sponsoring a webinar on the topic led by national experts, who are fellow librarians. You must register before the webinar. Space is limited to the first 120 registered participants. Whenever possible, please use only one computer per site to maximize the number of people who can participate. To save a spot for your library, register today! Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:00 am
Before the webinar, you will need to watch two video clips, which together are about 18 minutes long and are available for free by clicking on the following links:
Video 2: Autistic Teen Finds Inner Voice
Prior to the webinar above:
1. Go to — NYS Department of Health
2. Towards the bottom of the page, there will be a button labeled “Register.” Click this button.
3. A pop-up window will appear. Fill out the requested information and click the “Submit” button.
4. A second screen will load confirming your registration. Click the “Done” button.
5. You will receive an email with the meeting information.
This webinar will help train you and your library staff to increase your comfort level in interacting effectively with patrons of all ages with ASD and their families and provide basic customer services skills, strategies, and tips to provide effective and inclusive service.
For more information, please contact Kirsten Siegenthaler by email or phone at (518) 473-7016.
This webinar is sponsored by Grant Number: H6MMC15104 from the Health Resources and Services Administration.